You might have noticed that my comment system is different from the default blogger as I have just migrated to the new comment system hosted by disqus. I decided to do so as disqus is more user-friendly and interactive. I know that the default blogger comment system is popular and simple as you can easily track back the commenter’s blog since his profile is displayed alongside his comment, but disqus offers more than that. Now, let me list down some of its advantages.
1. Disqus allows comments to be made by almost everyone, unlike blogger which sometimes restricts comments from non-blogger owners. What you need to do is just typing out your name, e-mail address and blog URL. Your blog URL is optional but I strongly encourage the first-time commenter to leave his blog URL so that I can check out it later.
2. Disqus is more interesting as it functions like a threaded forum in which the blog owner and other commentators can get involved in an interactive discussion. This means I can directly reply to your comment by clicking on the ‘in reply to’ icon and it will be delivered right to your mailbox. In this case, you know that the blog owner has actually replied to your comment. In contrast, blogger default comment system does not have this feature. As a result, you have to come back to the blogs where you have left comments to check whether the owners have actually responded to your comments. This is really troublesome, especially if you have left comments in several blogs.
3. All comments made at my blog will arrive at my mailbox so I won’t miss any of your comments. To make it even more interesting, I can reply to my commentators right from my mailbox, a feature that is not available at blogger comment system. You also can do the same when my response arrives at your inbox. So, it is truly a two-way communication between you and I.
4. Now, all previous comments made at blogger can be imported to disqus. In addition, they can also be synchronized with blogger. Therefore, you will not lose the old comments made to your old posts.
5. I think that’s all for now. I hope you will migrate to disqus comment system for a better interaction with your fellow visitors. Thank you for reading this post.